Savory chickpeas and sweet, tangy mango combine in this unexpectedly delicious salad.It’s an almost raw salad (except for the chickpeas),it’s super easy to throw together, versatile and perfectly balanced.Lightly sweet and very fresh.
Mango, lime and cilantro are such a classic and delicious combination, don’t you think?
Chickpea & Mango Vegan Salad
Preparation Time:- 10 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 15-20 Minutes
Makes- 2-4 Serving
Chickpeas:- 1 1/2 Cups , boiled or canned
Olive Oil:- 1 Tsp
Cumin Powder:- 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder:- 1 Tsp
Cinnamon:- A pinch
Onion:- 1/3 Cup, chopped
Cilantro:- 1/3 Cup, chopped
Bell Pepper:- 1/3 Cup, chopped
Mango:- 1 small, peeled and cut into small cubes
Strawberry:- 4-5 , sliced lengthwise
Pecans:- Handful, roughly chopped
Raisins:- 1/4 Cup
Salt & Pepper
Lemon Juice Of half lemon
1) Heat oil in a non stick pan. When hot add chickpeas, cumin powder, coriander powder and cinnamon, mix everything well. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Let it cool. ( you can bake chickpeas too see notes)
2) Transfer the chickpeas in a big salad bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.Taste. Adjust seasoning.
Let it marinate for half an hour before serving.Keep in refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
More Vegan Recipes
1) To Bake the chickpeas you can follow this recipe.
2) Chickpea mixture can be made ahead and refrigerated in airtight container up to overnight.
3)To make it a complete meal: Serve this salad on top of rice or quinoa, and make sure to include the side of avocado.
4) To make this a truly raw salad, use sprouted garbanzo beans! When the weather warms up, sprout the beans for 3 – 4 days and simply use the same recipe.