Arbi is also called Eddo, taro and Colocasia. Sukhi Arbi ki Sabji is a dry Indian vegetable dish relished with Chapati/Roti/Naan This recipe is very easy to cook and could be accompanied by any main dish.It is usually eaten during or after fasting on holidays.
Sukhi Arbi Ki Sabzi / Colocassia Stir Fry In Indian Spices
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Colocassia (arbi):-500 grams
Green chillies :- 2 (optional)
Oil:- 4 Tbsp
Carom seeds / Ajwain:- 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric powder/ Haldi:- 1/2 Tsp
Coriander powder / Dhaniya powder:- 2 Tsp
Red chilli powder/ Lal Mirch:- 1 Tsp
Dry mango powder / Aamchur:- 1 Tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice Of 1 Lemon
Fresh coriander leaves :- 1/2 of small bunch (optional)
1) Wash the colocassia thoroughly.
2) Pressure cook in a vessel over water for 2 whistles. Make sure the colocasia is cooked but not overcooked.
3) Remove and peel the colocasia. Cut into small cubes. Keep aside.
4) Heat oil, add Carom seeds/ajwain, chopped green chillies and arbi.
5) Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and mix well.
6) Reduce heat, cover and cook for five minutes.
7) Add salt, juice of lemon and mix.
Add chopped coriander leaves (if using). Remove from heat and keep it covered for a while before serving.
More Vegan Recipes