Quick, easy, and full of flavor and nourishment-what more could you ask of a dish? Making anything in pressure cooker is super easy & super fast. It is real time saver when you are short on time want to make something quick.
It's pretty good just on Its own, but you could serve it with some plain boiled white or brown basmati rice or some Indian naan bread.
Quick Tofu Curry with Peas / Matar Tofu Ki Sabzi (Pressure Cooker Recipe) / Vegan
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 10 minutes
Oil:- 2-3 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Onion:- 1 (small, chopped)
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Garlic:- 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Tomato:- 1 (big, chopped)
Peas/Matar:- 1 Cup
Tofu ( Firm or Extra Firm):- 1 Cup (cut into small pieces)
Water as needed
Cilantro Leaves (chopped) for garnish
Salt as per taste
Turmeric:- 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
Garam Masala:- 1 Tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder/ Dried Fenugreek Powder:- 1 Tsp
1) Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin & mustard seeds , let it splutter.
2) Add ginger and garlic , fry till light brown.
3) Add onion & fry until light brown
4) Add tomatoes and all the spices( except kasoori methi powder) , mix everything well, cook until tomatoes are tender.
5) Add the tofu and peas and cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
6) Add water ( as much needed to make gravy, approx 1 - 1/2 Cup) and close the pressure cooker , cook on high for about 4-5 minutes ( i usually switch off the gas just before it starts to whistle).
7) Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.Add kasoori methi powder / dried fenugreek and mix everything well. Add cilantro.
Serve hot with Rotis/chapatis..
More Vegan Recipes