Best Vegan Zucchini Fritters Ever



This recipe is easy and fritters taste crazy good , crispy on outside and creamy on the inside .These easy Zucchini Fritters are a delicious way to make use of zucchini when it starts overflowing gardens and markets near you.I like these best as a starter—or just as they are, along with a green salad, for a meat-free, summer’s lunch.



How To Make Vegan Zucchini Fritters / Eggless Zucchini Fritters

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 serving

Ingredients:-

Zucchini , grated:- 1 big or 2 small
Onion ,finely chopped:- 1/2 small
Garlic/Lehsun, finely chopped:- 2-3 cloves
Salt to taste
Black Pepper powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Coriander Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp ( Optional)
All Purpose flour / Maida:- 1/2 Cup
Baking powder:- 1 Tsp
Oil for cooking



Procedure:-

1) Grate zucchini and place it in a colander in the sink and toss some salt over it, let it sit for atleast 30 minutes to remove excess water. Squeeze out any excess water.

2)Sift together all purpose flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.

3) In a different bowl, mix together grated zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander powder & garam masala powder (if using).

4)Gently fold in sifted flour & baking powder mixture .

5)Make small or jumbo balls and gently press to flatten it.

6) In a non-stick pan heat oil and shallow fry fritters. Let cook on the first side till golden then flip and cook the other side. You can lightly press it while it cooking.

Serve warm...Enjoy:)

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO SEE DAILY UPDATED RECIPES AND TIPS.

More Vegan Recipes


Notes:-

1) You can use onion and garlic powder instead.

2)These fritters holds their shape well. Just keep in mind after placing the fritter in a pan don't touch it for 2-4 minutes (depending upon their size) until golden brown and then flip and do the same. Don't over handle the fritter.

3)These fritters would make a good side dish for dinner or a nice lunch with a salad. Serve them with Vegan sour cream or plain soy yogurt or any chutney/ sauce.

4)You can also add fresh corn to the batter – the kernels would provide a nice touch of crunchy sweetness.

5) It is really important to squeeze as much as water possible using paper towel to avoid sogginess.

6)If you can not eat them immediately, you may keep them warm in 200 degree F oven for upto 20-30 minutes. Reheating is not recommended as they may become soggy.

20 comments:

Asiya Omar said...

Wow! What a click! Delicious Fritters.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Lovely and mouthwatering looking fritters.
Deepa

AshaPrakash said...

is baking powder optional? can i use bread crumbs instead of all purpose flour?

Preety said...

I would recommend you to add baking powder ....and you can surely try adding breadcrumbs instead but do add some flour (any flour ) as it is needed for binding purpose..you can try reducing the amount of the flour..

Anonymous said...

Is besan flour suitable instead of the wheat flour? If so, does the same quantity for substitution work?

Preety said...

You can use besan flour but it might not bind that well...For better binding please use all purpose flour/maida...

Anonymous said...

Hi I am Sami

I didn't add any baking powder ( I couldn't find it). It turned out fine! I am confident this recipe is a great reference however. I usually don't comment but yeah. All the wellness I can wish to you and yours.

I'm not sure if this is rude or not but I didn't not follow the recipe to the letter. I kind of just used it as a base. Instead I opted for scallions about two stalks. I also added one carrot finely shredded. about 1 1/2 tsp. of soy sauce (for salt and a little bit added seasoning). No Coriander Powder or Garam Masala Powder simply because I did not have it. I let the mixture set for about 5 minutes mixed it again and it was a success. Even my family liked it (which is surprising because they don't eat much without some dairy or meat.

Unknown said...

I made these, super easy but I really don't think garam masala belongs, next time I will use more garilc and onion and no garam masala.

Preety said...

Jennie, I haven't used that but i do make my own oats flour mixed with other flours so i am sure it will work fine with this recipe

Anonymous said...

These turned out wonderful, thankyou

Anonymous said...

fantastic recipe! I loved it! Thanks

Shaz said...

Don't you need egg to bind?

Preety said...

No you don't need egg ... all purpose flour acts as binder

Anonymous said...

I am trying these for the first time today. They have been on my list for about six months! :P I used arrowroot powder instead of baking powder because I believe the latter adds a unique taste to certain dishes. Thank you for this recipe!

Igloo Dweller

Preety said...

I m glad u liked it 😊

Anonymous said...

I am very new with vegan cooking/eating. I have no idea what garam masala powder is. What does it do for the dish? If it is essential, I will try to find it.

Preety said...

Garam masala Is Indian spice but you can surely skip that or substitute with any spice you like ... it's a mixture of many spices like coriander,cumin,cinnamon,cardomom, peppercorns etc

Anonymous said...

These were absolutely delicious! I’m newly vegetarian and have recently discovered garam marsala! I wish I had discovered it earlier. Since I’m the only vegetarian in the house, there will be left overs. I will try reheating in the air fryer. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! A great way to use up all those zucchini that keep coming and coming at this time of year. I'm thinking of making up several batches, coating them with bread crumbs (so they don't stick together) and freezing them.

Acre spades said...

Just made these , but added some Piri piri chillies 🌶 excellent in taste and held together superbly , will definitely makes these zucchini fritters this way again ,thank you 🙏🇬🇧

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...