This recipe is easy and fritters taste crazy good , crispy on outside and creamy on the inside .These easy Zucchini Fritters are a delicious way to make use of zucchini when it starts overflowing gardens and markets near you.I like these best as a starter—or just as they are, along with a green salad, for a meat-free, summer’s lunch.
How To Make Vegan Zucchini Fritters / Eggless Zucchini Fritters
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 serving
Zucchini , grated:- 1 big or 2 small
Onion ,finely chopped:- 1/2 small
Garlic/Lehsun, finely chopped:- 2-3 cloves
Salt to taste
Black Pepper powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Coriander Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp ( Optional)
All Purpose flour / Maida:- 1/2 Cup
Baking powder:- 1 Tsp
Oil for cooking
1) Grate zucchini and place it in a colander in the sink and toss some salt over it, let it sit for atleast 30 minutes to remove excess water. Squeeze out any excess water.
2)Sift together all purpose flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3) In a different bowl, mix together grated zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander powder & garam masala powder (if using).
4)Gently fold in sifted flour & baking powder mixture .
5)Make small or jumbo balls and gently press to flatten it.
6) In a non-stick pan heat oil and shallow fry fritters. Let cook on the first side till golden then flip and cook the other side. You can lightly press it while it cooking.
More Vegan Recipes
1) You can use onion and garlic powder instead.
2)These fritters holds their shape well. Just keep in mind after placing the fritter in a pan don't touch it for 2-4 minutes (depending upon their size) until golden brown and then flip and do the same. Don't over handle the fritter.
3)These fritters would make a good side dish for dinner or a nice lunch with a salad. Serve them with Vegan sour cream or plain soy yogurt or any chutney/ sauce.
4)You can also add fresh corn to the batter – the kernels would provide a nice touch of crunchy sweetness.
5) It is really important to squeeze as much as water possible using paper towel to avoid sogginess.
6)If you can not eat them immediately, you may keep them warm in 200 degree F oven for upto 20-30 minutes. Reheating is not recommended as they may become soggy.