Stir-frying is one of the easiest and best ways to eat vegetables. This is a great recipe for making your own Indian spiced stir fry at home.
Broccoli & Carrot Nutty Vegan Stir Fry
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes
Broccoli florets:- 1 1/2 Cups
Carrot, peeled & cut into small cubes:- 1/2 Cup
Onion, peeled and thinly sliced:- 1/4 Cup
Ginger & Garlic Paste:- 1/2 Tsp
Toasted unsalted Cashews:- 2 Tbsp, roughly chopped
Oil:- 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/4 Tsp
1)Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add cumin seeds , as soon as they start to crackle, add ginger & garlic paste saute for 1-2 minutes.
2) Add onions and cashews, cook until onion become translucent.
3) Add all the spices, carrot and broccoli, mix everything well.
4) Cook for 4-5 minutes.
More Vegan Recipes
1) You can use any other nuts or mix of nuts too.
2) Frozen broccoli & carrot can be used also.
3) If using fresh veggies , steam or microwave them before adding to the stir fry for faster cooking.
4) Serve them as a side dish or fill the pita bread or make a wrap with this stir fry.