My daughter has started 1st grade this August, so now i have to officially give her a proper lunch box with 2 snacks and one lunch. I try to avoid packaged food as much as possible .So now I am always trying to find/make recipes that i can make fresh in the morning for her lunch box. These mini puffs are great for Kids lunch box as they are healthy and filling too.
Chickpea Flour Mini Puffs
Preparation Time:- 5 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 5 Minutes
Chickpea/Gram flour Or Besan:- 1 Cup
Baking soda:- A Pinch
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Dry Mango Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Hot water:- 1/2 cup
Oil For Shallow Frying.
1) In a bowl mix to combine the chickpea flour, salt, baking soda, redchilli powder, garam masala & dry mango powder.
2) Add water, and stir to combine
3) Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
4) Heat oil (add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan) in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
5) With the help of ice cream scooper make small equal size puffs and put into a hot oil.
6) Coat back of your spoon with oil and lightly press the tops down.
7)Cook each side until they're golden brown.
8)Drain them on paper towels.
Serve hot along with any chutney..Enjoy
More VEGAN RECIPES
1) You can add any spices you like in the chickpea flour mixture as per your taste.
2) You can even add any herb like mint (chopped finely) in the batter to give the puffs different taste.
3) These are great snack for kids lunch box, pack it along with some tomato ketchup or chutney.