Indian Style Vegan Spinach Bread / Besan Palak Ki Poori is made with combination of gram flour, whole wheat flour & spinach . It can be served for breakfast , lunch or dinner. Gram flour consumes less water , hence it gets difficult to handle if the dough is too soft.You can also make rotis/parathas for healthier version, To make paratha (after the 3rd step ), place the disc on a heated griddle/tawa and cook on both sides.
Indian Style Vegan Spinach Bread / Besan Palak Ki Poori
Preparation Time:- 10 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 Minutes
Gram Flour:- 1/2 Cup
Whole Wheat Flour:- 1 Cup
Baking Soda:- 1/4 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Carom Seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Asafoetida:- A Pinch
Soy Yogurt:- 2 Tbsp
Spinach Leaves, roughly chopped:- 1 Cup
Oil for frying
1) Sieve gram flour & whole wheat flour with baking soda and salt.
2) Add red chilli powder, carom seeds, Asafoetida, soy yogurt & spinach leaves; mix and prepare a semi-hard dough with water. Keep covered for 30 minutes.
3) Divide the dough eually into 12 balls, dust each with wheat flour and roll with a rolling pin into 2 1/2 inch discs.
4) Heat a oil in a deep frying pan ( kadai) on high heat.
5) Fry the poori one at a time, holding them under the oil on the first side until they puff. Turn and fry until light brown. Drain and take out on an absorbent paper.
6) Serve hot or at room temperature with any sabji or curry you like..
More VEGAN RECIPES