Broccoli and spinach are both nutritional powerhouses, rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals and low in calories.This is super healthy curry made with the combination of spinach and broccoli along with indian spices. It can be served in lunch or dinner. This curry can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Spinach & Broccoli Vegan Indian Style Curry
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
Cooking Time:- 30 minutes
Broccoli :- 1
Spinach:- 2 bunches
Oil:- 2-3 tbsp
Asafoetida/Hing:- A pinch
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Garlic(chopped):- 1 tbsp
Onion(chopped):- 1 medium
Tomato(chopped):-1 medium or 1 1/2 small
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder:- 1tsp
Red chilli Powder:-1tsp
Garam Masla Powder:-1tsp
1) Steam the Spinach in the pan with 1/2 tbsp of garlic & little water for about 4-5 minutes,then puree it in the blender
2) Steam the broccoli in the pressure cooker till soft & set it aside
3) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
4) Add remaining garlic & ginger, saute for a minute.
5) Add onion and fry till it is light brown in color.
6) Add tomato & all the spices, mix well, cook till the tomatoes are tender.
7) Mash the broccoli with the back of the spoon and add it to the tomato mixture along with the spinach pure & cornflour.(add little bit of water if needed).
8) Mix everything well & cook for about 30 minutes ..(stir it in between so that it will not stick to the bottom)
Serve hot with Indian bread/roti..
More VEGAN RECIPES