This amazing tofu curry is filled with flavors of indian spices, yet is simple and quick to put together.This curry brings a healthier twist to Paneer curries by replacing the soft Indian cheese with firm tofu. Serve this for your dinner with Indian naan or roti to make a complete healthy meal.
Tofu,Firm (Cut into small cubes):- 2 1/2 cups (approx)
Oil:- 4-5 tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1tsp
Garlic:- 4 cloves( chopped)
Ginger:- 1 1/2 tbsp (chopped)
Onion:- 1 big (chopped)
Tomato:- 3 small (chopped)
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder:- 1tsp
Garam Masala powder:- 1tsp
Sugar:- 1/2 Tbsp
Water as per requirement
Kasoori Methi powder:- 1 tsp
Cashews, soaked in water:- 1/4 Cup
Raisins:- 1/4 Cup
1) Heat oil in a pan, add cumin & mustard seeds.
2) As soon as they start to crackle add ginger & garlic, fry for sometime until it is light brown.
3) Add onion and fry till golden brown.
4) Mix in tomato, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala and cook until tomatoes are tender.
5) Switch off the gas and let the tomato mixture cool down.
6) After it is cooled completely, grind the tomato mixture along with cashews into a fine paste.
7) Transfer this paste into the same pan and cooker over medium heat for other 15 minutes (stirring it in between so that it will not stick to the bottom).
8) Add enough water to make a thick gravy.
9)Let the gravy boil for about 10 minutes ( It will get more thick as it boils, you can adjust the thickness by adding water)
10)Add tofu pieces ,sugar, raisins and Dried Fenugreek/ kasoori methi powder, mix everything well..
11) Turn off the gas , garnish it with cilantro
Serve hot with rice or any indian bread or tortilla .
More Vegan Recipes