Make and freeze pancakes in advance and enjoy them anytime. This is a great way to help you save money and TIME.It really makes mornings a lot easier!Once they're frozen, reheating pancakes is simple enough that even older children can warm them up for breakfast on their own.
How to Freeze Pancakes
1)Make your favorite pancakes (Double the recipe if you want) Check out some great pancake recipes here
2) Allow to cool completely.
3) Once they are cool. Place the pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes. (This step is important to prevent the pancakes from sticking together. SEE NOTES BELOW FOR ALTERNATIVE WAY)
4)Place them in a freezer bag or container and freeze. Before freezing, label with the name/type of pancakes and date that they were made.
Microwave: Place frozen pancakes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave uncovered on high for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until heated through, but don’t overcook them or they’ll get tough.Then finish in the toaster for another minute or so to crisp up the edges.
Toaster Oven:-Slide the lever to the lightest setting . Pop the pancakes in the slots and toast on one or two cycles until warm.
Conventional Oven: Place frozen pancakes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot,cover tightly with foil, which will keep them from drying out.
More KITCHEN TIPS
Notes / Tips:-
1) Use the frozen pancakes within 1 to 2 months for best quality.
2) Use the same method to freeze the WAFFLES &/OR FRENCH TOAST
3) You Can also freeze the pancake batter:- Mix up your favorite batter and pour it into a gallon size ziplop bag .Ensure all the excess air is out of the bag. Seal and freeze.Whenever you're ready ,just thaw in warm water or overnight in the refrigerator. Cut off a corner of the bag and pipe the pancakes directly onto the hot griddle.
4)Alternately, if a baking sheet won’t fit in your freezer or you are simply feeling lazy (like i always do) then freeze pancakes by placing a square of wax or parchment paper between each one in a stack.
5) Unless a freezer bag shows signs of wear rinse and reuse! Not only will this save your wallet, it helps reduce the amount of waste in our landfills.