It happens with everyone , may be not as frequently as mine , but it does, one minute you are cooking something in a pot, then another minute you forget it or went to check your facebook and you ended up with a pot that's all black inside. I posted some tips before also on how To Get Rid Of Burned Food In A Pan, but this is the easiest, most effective and quickest way to get your blackened pot back to its shiny former self, because who has time to soak a pot overnight? This absolutely makes your life more easier specially in the kitchen :).
How To Clean Burned Food From Your Pots Or Pans in 5 Minutes
Steel wool/pot scrubber or any cleaning sponge / brush
1)Put 1-2 tbsp of dish soap in the burnt pan
2)Sprinkle baking soda over it so that it covers the burnt area.
3)Partially fill the pot with water(ensuring all blackened areas are covered)
4) Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil and allow the water to boil for couple of minutes.
5) Switch off the gas and empty the pot. You will notice at this point the all the burnt food will start coming off. ( Be careful the pot will be very hot , to cool the pot fast run it under the cold water in the sink).
6)Rinse and wipe clean with a steel wool /pot scrubber and it should look like new.
More KITCHEN TIPS
Notes / Tips:-
1) Always set a timer when you are cooking, even if you think you will remember to turn it off.
2) This method is for stainless steel pots and pans only.
3) If you're having trouble finding a method how to clean a burnt stainless steel pot that works for you, keep in mind that you may need to repeat these processes a few times in order to remove all of the built-up residue from your stainless steel pan or pot.
4) Avoid using steel wool or abrasive cleansers on polished metal. They can create scratches that will allow food to stick and burn even more easily.
5) Spray your pot with non-stick cooking spray. This will not help you from burning your dish but it usually helps release anything from the sides and bottom of your crock should you burn it.