Black beans and rice is a common staple among Hispanic culture because it is hearty, nutritious and easy on your budget.This hearty dish not only is high in fiber but also has that magical mix of protein and carbohydrates to keep your energy levels stable.
Here is quick and easy recipe for black beans and rice with onion, bell pepper,spinach, garlic, Tabasco, and white rice. White rice is normally used in this common dish, but brown rice is even better.
Black Bean & Spinach Vegan Rice Recipe
Preparation Time:- 10 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 Minutes Approx
Oil:- 2 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1 Tsp
Bell Pepper:- 1 , sliced lenghthwise
Garlic:- 2 cloves, chopped finely
Spinach:- 2 big handfuls, roughly chopped
Onion:- 1 , sliced lenghthwise
Tabasco Sauce or Any hot sauce
Soy Sauce:- 1 Tbsp
Black Beans:- 1 15oz can , drained and washed
Cooked White Rice:- 3 Cups, cooked and cooled completely
Garam Masala Powder:- 1 Tsp
1) Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add cumin and mustard seeds.
2) When the seeds starts to crackle add garlic, sauce for just 20-30 seconds. ( be careful not to burn the garlic).
3) Add bell pepper spinach and onion, cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add salt , hot sauce, soy sauce and mix everything well. Cook for 2 more minutes.
5) Add black beans, cooked rice & garam masala, mix well.
More Vegan Recipes
1)Sprinkle some cilantro, dried cranberries, roasted pumpkin seeds and add lemon juice on the top as per your taste just before serving.(OPTIONAL)
2)Store the leftover in the refrigerator in an air tight container.