French toast without EGGS , sounds crazy Right? This easy vegan French toast recipe uses bananas instead of eggs, giving it a sweet flavor & they are way better then french toast with eggs. Very moist and tasty. You will be pleasantly surprised at how yummy these are and will surely be glad to put French toast back onto your breakfast menu!:)
Vegan French Toast / Eggless French Toast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Ripe bananas:- 2-3
Soy milk:- 3/4 Cup
Cinnamon:- 1 1/2 Tsp
Pumpkin pie spice (optional):- 1 Tsp
Vanilla:- 1 Tsp
Bread, any kind is fine
1) Blend bananas, soy milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in blender or food processor and pour mixture into pie plate or wide dish.
2) Gently dip bread slices into the mix, coating both sides.
3) Fry in vegan margarine in medium-hot skillet until golden brown.
Serve with maple syrup if desired, and, as always, enjoy your wonderful vegan French toast!
* If the toast is sticking to the pan ,add some margarine or pam or oil , turn down the heat and don't flip it very soon. Make sure to use thick slices of bread or day old bread to avoid any sogginess.
* Don't flip the toast too soon , cook the the toast for at least 4 minutes so the middle isn't soggy when you eat it.
* This recipe makes about 8-10 slices of bread, so if you have any leftover, add ice cubes and make a smoothie out of it.
Another Way To Avoid Sogginess:- First lightly toast the bread ( On stove top or in Oven). Then brush the batter onto one side of the bread rather than dipping the bread in the batter & brush the other side when ready to flip toast in the skillet.Make sure to use a good non stick skillet and keep your vegan butter handy while cooking. Cook on medium heat.
More VEGAN RECIPES