If you’ve tried tomato chutneys before or not, you’re gonna love this. This is so addictive that you might want to put it on everything you eat..:)
Best Tomato Chutney Ever / Vegan Recipe
Tomatoes:- 8-10 medium size ( aprrox 4-5 Cups,chopped)
Garlic:- 4 cloves or 1 Tbsp ( chopped finely)
Onions:- 1/2 , medium size, chopped finely
Brown Sugar:- 1/8 Cup
White Sugar:- 1/8 Cup
Vinegar:- 1/4 Cup
Salt as per taste
Ground ginger:- 1/2 Tsp
Red pepper flakes:- 1/2 Tsp
Ground Cumin :- 1/2 Tsp
Black Pepper Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Raisins:- 1/4 Cup, roughly chopped
1) Peel , core and chop tomatoes and place in a large pot.
2) Now add all the rest of the ingredients in the pot along with tomatoes.
3)Stir well & bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
4)Cook at a low simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours stirring in between. It will reduce almost in half and thicken.
1) If you don't like the chunky chutney then after chtney is done ,let it cool and blend it into the blender until smooth.
2) You can store the chutney in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. For longer storing, opt for canning or freezing.
3) You can adjust all the spices as per your taste , if you like little spicy you can add more red pepper or green chillies.