Freshly Homemade Garlic herb pull apart rolls will surely make any meal extra special.There is nothing better than eating a fresh garlic roll straight from the oven.
These rolls are super easy and super yummy and you surely will be a big hit when you serve these delicious garlic rolls to your guests.
If you are not planning to eat right away , then pop these rolls in a microwave for 10-15 seconds to get the fresh out of oven flavor.
For the dough
All Purpose flour:- 3 Cups
Warm water:- 1 Cup
Yeast:- 1 Tbsp
Sugar:- 2 Tbsp
Oil:- 1/4 Cup
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
(Garlic spread measurements are approx , please adjust as per your taste)
Garlic cloves:- 4-5 (Minced)
Butter:- 6-8 Tbsp (softened)
Italian seasoning:- 2 Tsp ( You can use any fresh herb like cilantro instead)
1. Warm the water in the microwave. Make sure it is not hot otherwise it will kill the yeast.
2. Mix yeast, sugar, salt, oil and warm water together in a bowl. Leave it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you should see a froth appearing on this mixture.
3. After 15 minutes add flour to the yeast mixture from step 2, make this into dough. You may have to adjust the water or flour as needed. When adjusting do it 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
4 After making dough brush it with some oil so that it doesn't dry while we let it to rise or you can cover it with food wrap also. Let it rise for 1 hour , by this time it will be double in size.
5. In the mean time prepare your garlic spread ( mix all the ingredients well in a bowl)
6. Punch down the air in the dough,roll the dough using a rolling pin into a rectangle shape , at least 1/2 inch thick,apply little flour to prevent sticking.
7. Apply garlic spread over the rolled dough.
8. Roll it and cut it into equal parts.
9.Place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.
10.Apply any remaining garlic spread on top of the rolls. Let it rest for 30 more minutes.
11.Brush the top of the garlic rolls with egg wash or milk or butter.
12.Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (optional).
13. Bake in preheated oven at 450 for 10 - 15 minutes (time may vary depending upon different ovens.)