This is really interesting recipe, with great combination of ingredients, fresh and complex tasting at the same time. Anyone who will eat this salad will ask for a recipe for sure.Do give it a try , it's quick , simple & healthy .
Source:- 5 Spices, 50 Dishes (By Ruta Kahate)
English Cucumbers/ Kheera:- 2 ( Chopped into 1/4-inch dice, about 3 cups)
Green Serrano Chile/ Hari Mirchi:- 1 medium , minced ( seed first if you prefer)
Peanuts:- 1/2 Cup , preferably raw (but toasted, unsalted ones will do)
Lemon Juice:- 2 Tbsp ( or more if needed )
Salt:- 1 Tsp
Sugar:- 1/2 or 3/4 Tsp
Cayenne :- 1/8 Tsp
Canola Oil:- 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 Tsp
1) Place the diced cucumbers in a medium bowl along with the chile.
2) Using a coffee grinder or food processor , pulse the peanuts until they are reduced to a coarse powder. ( You don't want big chunks of peanuts, nor do you want a fine powder; stop grinding somewhere in between)
3) Add the peanuts to the cucumbers along with the lemon juice,salt and sugar and mix well.
4) Taste and adjust the salt , sugar, and lemon juice as needed. The salad should be slightly tart.
Make the tadka
5) Place the cayenne in a little pile on top of the salad. Do not stir in yet.
6) Heat the oil in a small skillet or butter warmer over high heat.
7) When it begins to smoke , add the mustard seeds, covering the pan with a lid or spatter screen.
8) As soon as the seeds stop sputtering, pour the oil over the cayenne.
9) Stir the dressing in and serve at room temperature or cold.