These delicious homemade Cinnamon Rolls are delicious and full of cinnamon, sugar, and butter flavor.
For the dough:-
All Purpose flour:- 3 cups
Warm water:- 1 cup
Yeast:- 1 Tbsp
Sugar:- 2 Tbsp
Oil:- 1/4 Cup
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
1) Warm the water in the microwave( for about 35 sec). Make sure it is not hot otherwise it will kill the yeast.
2) Mix yeast, honey, salt, oil and warm water together in a bowl. Leave it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you should see a froth appearing on this mixture. This indicates that yeast is active and it will do a great job on your dough.
3) In bowl put flour and mixture from step 2, make this into dough. You may have to adjust the water or flour as needed. When adjusting do it 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
4) After making dough cover dough with some oil so that it doesn't dry while we let it to rise or you can cover it with food wrap also.
5) For best rising, select temp as 350F and bake time one minute, turn the oven off after one minute even if it says preheat. The idea is to create a warm environment for the yeast to do its work. Cover the dough with food wrap and let dough rest inside this warm place for 1 hour. The dough will double in size.
6) After an hour lightly knead and roll out into rectangular shape.
7) Spread with softened butter. Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar. (make sure you use LOTS of cinnamon sugar, I never measured but be very generous.)
8) Roll into one long roll. To cut use a knife or piece of string or floss.
9) Place on well greased pans and let rise for 30 minutes.
Brush the top with melted butter & bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.