My daughetr loves paneer so i make it atleast couple of times every week & i do try to make it little differently every time so that she won't get bored by eating same paneer sabzi over and over again.
The paneer cubes are cooked with fenugreek leaves or methi leaves in a nut and milk gravy and is best when served hot with paranthas It can be served either as a main dish or as a side dish.
Oil:- 3-4 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1 Tsp
Kalonji/Onion seeds:- 1 Tsp
Ginger & Garlic (Finely Chopped):- 1 Tbsp
Onion(Big):- 1 (Chopped)
Tomato:- 2 (Chopped)
Cashew & Almond Pieces:- 7 each (soak in hot water for atleast 15 minutes)
Turmeric:- 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
Salt as per taste
Methi / Fenugreek Leaves:- 1 Cup (chopped)
Paneer:- 2 1/2 Cups (Approx ..cut into small pieces)
Water or Milk as needed
Coriander Powder:- 1 Tsp
Aamchoor Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder:- 1 Tsp
Suagr:- 1 Tbsp
1) Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin and onion seeds. When it starts spluttering add ginger and garlic and fry until light brown .
3) Add onion and fry till golden brown.
4) Mix in tomato, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and cook until tomatoes are tender.
5) Switch off the gas and let the tomato mixture cool down.
6) After it is cooled completely, add the cashew and almond pieces to the tomato mixture & grind it into a fine paste.
7) Transfer this paste into the same pan , add methi leaves and cooker over medium heat for other 15 minutes (stirring it in between so that it will not stick to the bottom).
8) Add enough water to make a thick gravy ( you can also add milk to make little rich gravy at this point).
9)Let the gravy boil for about 10 minutes ( It will get more thick as it boils, you can adjust the thickness by adding water)
10)Add paneer pieces corianedr powder, aamchoor powder, Sugar and kasoori methi powder, mix everything well.
11) Turn off the gas ,serve hot with parathas.