You can make this sabzi under 10 minutes and it still tastes divine. For variation you can add brinjal/eggplant and tomato instead of capsicum or just make plain tamarind gojju without adding any vegetables.
Source :- Indian Recipes
- Capsicum/Bell Peppers- 2(1 green & 1 red )
- Tomato - 1 (diced)
- Garlic - 2 cloves(chopped)
- Sambhar Powder - 1 Tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 1 tsp/ Tamarind - cherry size (soaked in 1/2 cup water)
- Jaggery - a small piece (optional)
- Salt - as needed
- For Seasoning
- Oil - 2-3 Tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 Tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 Spring
- Asafoetida - A pinch
1. Heat the oil in a kadai and add the seasoning ingredients in the following order - mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
2. Add the chopped garlic cloves and fry for a minute.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and capsicum. Add little salt, cover and let it cook till the veggies turn soft (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander powder and sambhar powder and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Next add the tamarind juice and jaggery (optional). Check for salt and cover it with a lid.
6. Let the whole thing cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Yummy gojju is ready to be served with steaming white rice or with chappatti.