I never get tired of trying new recipes for Banana breads.Whole wheat flour and lemon in the ingredient list made me try this recipe immediately and it came out perfect as you can see in the above pic:)..was gone within hours:)..I used brown sugar instead of white and added chocolate chips too:)
This recipe yields 1 loaf.
Mashed ripe bananas:- 1 Cup (approz 2 bananas)
Sifted all purpose flour:- 1 Cup
9 grain flour (or whole wheat flour):- 1 Cup
Milk:- 1/3 Cup
Vegetable Oil:- 1/4 cup
Sugar:- 1 Cup ( i used brown sugar)
Lemon Juice:- 1 Tsp
Salt :- 1/2 Tsp
Baking Soda:- 1 Tsp
Chopped walnuts, toasted:- 1/2 Cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips;- 1/2 Cup (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C
2. Sift the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Add in the whole grain flour and sugar.
3. Add in the oil, bananas, and eggs. Mix well.
4. Combine the milk and lemon juice, and stir until a uniform batter is formed. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3 inches). Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
6. Bake for 60 - 70 minutes. Note that the top of your loaf will brown before it is fully cooked. Remove banana bread from pan, let it cool on a cooling rack, and serve.