Aloo beans is also one of the punjabi dish that i enjoy making and eating with my family..Beans are also called "Phali" in punjabi and can be eaten raw ( atleast i saw my dad eating it raw),
This is a simple recipe that doesn't require too much time to prepare.
This sabzi is made with homegrown beans ( from my graden ) , so tasted more good and you can't beat the taste to fresh and organic veggie right?
Oil:- 3-4 tbsp
Potato:- 1 (Chopped)
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Garlic:- 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger:- 1tsp (finely chopped)
Onion:- 1/2 (medium size, chopped)
Tomato:- 1 small (chopped)
Turmeric powder:- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli powder:-1 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1 tsp
Beans:- 1 cup (chopped)
1) Heat oil in a kadai/frying pan on a medium heat,
2) Fry the potatoes for couple of minutes.
3) Add cumin and mustard seeds, when it starts to crackle add garlic and ginger, saute for a minute.
4) Add onion and fry until they are translucent ( it will take about 2-3 minutes)
5) Add tomato, all the spices & beans, mix everything well.
6) Let it cook covered for about 3-4 minutes (keep stirring in between to avoid sticking on bottom)
7) Now cook uncovered until beans and potatoes are well cooked ..do the taste test to check:)
Serve hot with roti/chapati/paratha..Enjoy:)
Posted by Preety at 9:24 PM