No this is not a typical gajar ki barfi that we get in Indian Sweet shops, this is what my mom use to make whenever she made gajar ka halwa. Its just a different way to have that , you can make it in square shapes or round shape as per your wish..
Nice way to involve the kids in the kitchen too , let them make it in desired shape
Gajar Ka halwa ( See recipe) :- 2 cups
Besan:- 1/2 cup
Ghee:- 1/2 cup
Dessicated coconut to sprinkle
1) Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
2) Add besan and fry until raw smell is gone.
3) Add gajar ka halwa and fry for 2-3 minutes
4) Take a thali /plate and brush it with the ghee , now put the mixture in the thali and spread it evenly with the back of the spoon.
5)Sprinkle some dessicated coconut over the top
6) Let it cool and then cut into pieces in desired shapes
Serve at room temperate.
Posted by Preety at 9:44 PM