Sweet Potato Paratha

A sweet potato is orange-fleshed high in beta carotene , potassium, vitamins A,C and B-6. In fact, one medium sweet potato has about four times the daily recommended allowance of vitamin A and almost half the recommendation for vitamin C. All of this with no fat, no cholesterol and only about 118 calories per potato.

As they are so less in fat compare to regular potato so i thought to give it a try in parathas..Parathas turned out very nice & soft.You can have this with any sabji or curry of your choice but i like to have it with curd (added salt and pepper) and little bit of pickle..they do taste little bit sweet so you can add green chillies or any spices of your choice while making the dough but i made it without any spices as my 14 month old daughter was also gonna eat this..

Info Source:- Google

Ingredients:-

Sweet Potato:- 1
Whole Wheat Flour:- 1 1/2 cup
Jeera/Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Ajwain:- 1/4 tsp
Coriander:- 1/4 cup
Salt as per your taste

Procedure:-

1) Peel of the skin of sweet potato & cut it into big pieces.
2) Take a pan put all the cut pieces into the pan and cover it with a water
3) Boil the potatoes till it become soft..
4) Drain all the potatoes and mash it well..
5) Let it cool completely.
6) Sift the flour in a bowl.
7) Add jeera, ajwain & mashed potatoes.(DO NOT ADD WATER)
8) Mix everything well and make a dough ( if dough is too soft too handle you can add more flour).
9) Let it rest for 5 minutes

TO MAKE A PARATHA

Make a small ball out of the dough, roll it into a flat circle. Heat a griddle and roast the paratha on both side with or without oil ( as per your requirement)..

ENJOY:)




24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preety i usually make aloo parathas for my daughter..sweet potatoes seems a super option for kids..and the picture looks yummy too.

Preety said...

you are right Ann..its gr8 for kids..parathas are the gr8 very to sneak in veggeis into the kids meal..thanks for the quick comment though

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

awesome..cool idea. bookmarked to try.

Anonymous said...

great picture!

anudivya said...

Hey Preety! Thanks for visiting my blog today. You have a wonderful blog too, I am glad you left me a comment, so I could get to come here. :)

Anonymous said...

Preety,i have just tagged you for a noble cause..will be great if you can do it.see in my blog

sriharivatsan said...

Preety, its a wonderful idea..bookmarked this..Will try and let you know..

Yasmeen said...

Yep sweet potatoes are much better than plain white potatoes.I'll try these soon,thanks preety:)

Premyscakes said...

Wow, ur recipe is wonderful and innovative.
Preety regarding the cakes iam very much beginner and learned all these thru books and net. My advice would be to get some books from bakery where they sell all the tools for decorating the cake. If u want to know anything else feel free to email me, i am there to guide u.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Love sweet potatoes!! We have the best sweet potatoes fries at my restaurant!

Usha said...

Amazing coincidence I recently tried sweet potato roti and am yet to post to my blog, your version looks pretty yum too :-)

Vibaas said...

Never thought of using sweet potatos in paratha. Nice idea. Pic looks very nice and tempting.

Preety said...

@ Hey Mahimaa do let me know how they turned out

@ thanks Arundhuti

@ Thanks Anudivya, my pleasure

@ thanks sriharivatsan & yasmeen..Sure do let me know after trying..

@ Thanks for dropping by Cheffie- Mom..Will love to try the recipe of fries

@ Hey usha do let me know when you post yours, will try your version also..

@ thanks Vibaas

Adlak's tiny world said...

sweet potato stuffed in paratha...hey its so cool and nice idea.. book marked, luckly i have 3 to 4 of them in my basket... tomrow i ll try..

Yasmeen said...

Preety,the raw sugar\granule sugar is available in well stocked super stores.

Uj said...

Looks yummy. got to try this ..

Preety said...

thanks Adlak, yasmeen & UJ

Vijitha said...

Gr8 idea! looks so lovely!

Unknown said...

i make this for my son..I love it too..

Shama Nagarajan said...

new one..looking lovely and perfect

Preety said...

thanks vij, sowmya and shama

Rajee said...

Wow, I think it'll be a bit sweet. Thanks for ur great idea of replacing regular potato. I've to try it soon. Healthy and delicious!

Preety said...

ya they taste little sweet but i had it with raita & curry so it was fine

Dori said...

I love making dishes with sweet potatoes in place of regular... This looks tasty :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...