Recipe by my friend Swati
Urad dal:- 1 cup
Idli Rava:- 1 1/2 cup
salt as per taste
1) Soak urad dal in water overnight.
2) An hour before grinding the urad dal soak the idli rava in water.
3) Grind the urad dal into a smooth paste next morning..
4) Now drain all the water from idli rava with your hands
5) Mix the urad dal paste, idli rava & salt
6) Cover and let it sit in the warm place for at least 7-8 hours for fermentation.
7) It should double in quantity.
8) Now pour the batter in idli plates and steam cook it in the pressure cooker (without putting the vissel on) for 7- 8 minutes..
Serve hot or at room temperature with Chutney or Sambhar