At first when i heard about the concept of zucchini bread i thought how could it be possible to make a vegetable into a dessert but i have to try it & i started searching for a recipe then i came across this dark, dense, moist, sweet flavoury bread. Immediately i baked the bread and on the first bite itself i fell in love with this bread. I made some changes according to my taste..i added some raisins for more flavor and instead of using whole white sugar..i used half white & half brown sugar..I have squeezed out the juice of zucchini so that the bread will not be very moist..You can also try any other variations if you like you can add crushed pineapple instead of applesauce or walnuts instead of pecans..try roasting the nuts before adding into the bread..it will surely enhance the flavor of the bread..
If you like the recipe or made it differently i would like to hear from you please leave your comments.
White Sugar:- 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar:- 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil:- 1/2 cup
Vanilla:- 2 tsp
Zucchini shredded:- 1 cup
Applesauce:- 1/4 cup
All purpose flour:- 1 1/2 cups
Baking soda:- 1tsp
Baking powder:- 1/4 tsp
Salt:- 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg:- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon:- 1 tsp
Pecans or Walnuts:- 1/2 cup
Raisins:- 1/4 cup
Preheat at 350 degree F
1) In a bowl mix together sugars, oil, eggs & vanilla until smooth.
2) In other bowl add zucchini & applesauce and mix it with the above mixture.
3) Sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder , salt, nutmeg, cinnamon.
4) Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and gently mix until well blended.
5) Fold in nuts & raisins..
6) Pour the batter in a loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean
7) Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
8) Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 1 loave. Serve at room temperature..Enjoy:)
Recipe Courtsey Recipezaar
Posted by Preety at 3:01 PM