I happen to love cabbage while growing.. This is my moms recipe..My mom use to make it with the combination of potato and peas
and sometimes she just put Cumin,mustard& ajwain in oil along with salt and garam masala and it tastes as delicious as always..
While buying cabbage look for crisp looking leaves and stems..there should not be any blemishes or brown spots over the cabbage..You can place a cabbage in a paper bag and store it in refrigerator for up to two weeks..Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C
Cabbage:- 1 small( Cut it finely)
Oil:- 3 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin:- 1 tsp
Haldi/Turmeric:- 1/2 tsp
Hing/Asafoetida:- A pinch
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Onion (Finely chopped):- 3/3 cup
Ginger(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Garlic(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder:-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder:- 1/2 tsp
Peas:- 1/3 cup
salt as per taste
Cilantro for garnishing
1) Heat the oil in a pan ..Add cumin , mustard,ajwain,hing, ginger & garlic ..saute for one minute
2) Add onion and fry until Golden brown
3) Add tomato , salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala & cook until tender.
4) Add cabbage & peas and mix well
5) Now cook the cabbage covered for 3-4 minutes
6) Uncover and cook until cabbage are soft..
Garnish it with cilantro and serve hot with roti/bread.
Posted by Preety at 6:12 PM