Baigan/ Eggplant:- 1 medium
Garlic(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Ginger(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Oil:- 2 tbsp
Onion(Cut finely lengthwise):- 1 cup
Tomato( chopped):- 1
Jeera/Cumin:- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder:- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala:- 1/2 tsp
Peas:- 1/2 cup
1) Brush the Eggplant with oil and roast it over the gas/electric stove on medium heat..
2) Turn the eggplant often till its roasted on all sides.
3) Transfer it in a plate and let it cool for sometime.
4) Now peel of the skin of eggplant and mash it..
5) Add oil in the pan..when hot add jeera, ginger & garlic and saute until light brown
6) Add onions and fry till they become translucent..You don't need to brown the onions
7) Now add tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala and cook until tender.
8) Add mashed eggplant & peas and cook for about 4-7 minutes (stirring often)..
9) Garnish it with coriander & serve hot.