Chickpeas are full of protein and nutrients, including the B vitamins, and therefore make an excellent meat substitute.
A tasty, quick, and easy stir-fry recipe featuring pan-fried chickpeas,potato, cashews alongwith Indian spices.This dish makes a great side dish or main course for any meal or just eat it on its own for lunch/snack .
Chickpeas Cashew & Potato Vegan Stir Fry / Chole Kaju Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking time:- 10 minutes
Oil:- 2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds:- 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1 Tsp
Unsalted Cashews/ Kaju:- 2 Tbsp, roughly chopped
Potato/ Aloo:- 1 big, Boiled ,peeled and cut into small pieces
Chickpeas/Chole/Channa:- 2 Cups , boiled & drained OR Canned
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Channa Masala Powder:- 1 Tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder/ Fenugreek powder:- 1 Tsp
Flaxseed powder:- 1 Tbsp
Tamarind Pulp:- 1 1/2 Tsp
Sugar:- 1 Tsp
1) Heat oil in a non stick pan on a medium heat.
2) When hot add mustard ,cumin & cashew. Stir fry for 1 minute.
3) Add salt, red chilli powder ,turmeric powder & potato, mix everything well.
4) Add boiled chickpeas/chole in the above spice mixture, mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5) Add kasoori methi/Fenugreek powder, Channa Masala powder ,flaxseed powder ,tamarind pulp & sugar. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
6) Switch off the gas, cover the pan and let it sit for 4-5 minutes before serving..
Serve hot as a side dish with any Indian bread/roti/tortilla or enjoy as it is..
More VEGAN RECIPES