A good way to snack is by eating something light but also healthy. Here is an innovative way to eat cucumbers. Make pancakes out of them. They are usually prepared for breakfast, especially when you have to make a quick breakfast.Very easy to prepare, gets ready in minutes.
Cucumber Indian Style Vegan Pancake / Kheere Ka Chilla
Recipe Source:- Preety's Kitchen
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
Makes 4 pancakes.
Cucumber,grated - 1 (about 1 Cup)
Chickpea/Gram flour/besan:- 1/4 Cup
Rice Flour:- 1/8 Cup
Red chilli powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Turmeric Powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Coriander Powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Cumin Powder:- 1/4 Tsp
Carom Seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Cilantro leaves,chopped:- 2 Tbsp
Oil for frying
1) Combine all the ingredients except the oil and make a batter of dropping consistency.( You don't need to add any water as cucumber will loose water to make the batter)
2) Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat & grease it lightly with oil .
3) Spread 1/4 cup batter on the non-stick pan to make a pancake.
4) Cook one side over a slow flame until the base is golden brown in color. Turn over to cook the other side.
5) Remove the pancake and repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
Serve hot with any nutritious chutney, pickle ,ketchup or enjoy as it is.
1)You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
2)You can experiment with the quantities of flours too , to make a batter thick or thin.
3)Cucumber can be replaced by zucchini in this recipe to make zucchini pancakes
More VEGAN RECIPES