This VEGAN / VEGETARIAN Burger makes a terrific breakfast when topped with scrambled tofu, slices of avocado and couple shakes of hot sauce Or Stuff it inside pita bread with salsa and squeeze of lime.
Black Beans/ Rajma:- 1 Cup (canned , boiled)
Poha / Flattened Rice Flakes:- 1 Cup (Leftover rice can also be used instead)
Flaxseed Powder:- 1/8 Cup
All Purpose Flour:- 1/8 Cup
Breadcrumbs:- 1/8 Cup
Corn (fresh or canned):- 1/3 Cup, roughly chopped
Onion:- 1/3 Cup, finely chopped
Oil:- 1 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Oil for shallow frying the patties.
1) Take beans in a bowl and mash it coarsely with a potato masher or a fork.
2) If using Poha/Flattened Rice Flakes wash it with water and drain nicely OR If using lefover rice then coarsely pulse the rice in a food processor along with onion and corn.
3) In a big bowl mix all the ingredients together and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4) Shape into patties and keep it aside.
5) Heat the oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add the patties and cook until browned on each side, 5-10 minutes total.
Serve it hot or at room temperature.