A crispy, crunchy way of enjoying the goodness of Okra, coated with gram flour then deep fried, it can be served as a side dish or serve before meal as a starter or serve as snack.
Okra/Bhindi:- 1/2 Cup , ( cut top and bottom ,then slice very thin pieces lengthwise)
Turmeric:- 1/8 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/8 Tsp
Aamchoor/Dry Mango Powder:-1/8 Tsp
Sesame seeds:- 1/4 Tsp
Coriander Powder:- 1/8 Tsp
Cumin Powder:-1/8 Tsp
Fennel Seed Powder:- 1/8 Tsp
Besan/Gram flour/Chickpea flour:- 1 Tbsp
Chaat Masala to sprinkle on top
1. Mix everything in a bowl except chaat masala. Let it sit for 30 minutes to marinade.(The salt makes the okra release water, which makes the besan/chickpea flour stick to them, and it will get nicely marinated,If it looks still dry add a teaspoon of water at a time,just enough to make the besan stick to the okra.)
2. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame till smoking.
3. Fry the okra ensuring they do not stick to each other, till crisp and brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil on paper towels.
8. Sprinkle chaat masala on top ,Serve hot.
Tastes best with any Indian bread or just like that!