One of my dear friend dropped by the other day with a bag full of beautiful plums from her backyard..They were super sweet and ripe so i decided to make jam or chutney. This yummy chutney will be ready in 30 minutes and you can pair it with almost anything. Serve it on a side with any meal to add a little extra zing or spread it over a warm toast or enjoy it as a dip with tortilla chips or put a little bit over a salty cracker to enjoy as a snack.
Plum Chutney Or Jam / Indian Style Relish
Plums:- 10 small
Sugar:- 1/2 Cup
Salt:- 1/4 Tsp
Ginger, grated:- 1 Tsp
Black Pepper:- 1/4 Tsp
1) Wash and cut the plums into quarters, discarding the pit. Leave the skin on.
2) Slice them into small pieces in a heavy bottom kadai or pan.
3) Cook it on medium-low heat till it comes to boil.
4) Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5) Let it cook for 10-15 minutes uncovered, until all the water is evaporated (it will look like a jam when completely cooked).
6) Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.