Also Known as. Soya nuggets, soy chunks, soy nuggets, nutri or nutrela.They look like meat, but are 100% vegetarian & is a great meat alternative. It is a great source of protein & come with the added benefits of iron and calcium. Here is very easy and healthy recipe of soya made in pressure cooker so can be ready in less than 15 minutes.
Nutrela/ Soya Nuggets- 1 cup
Peas / Matar- 1 Cup
Oil:- 2-3 tbsp
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Onion- 1 small (chopped)
Ginger- 1 tbsp (Chopped)
Garlic-1 tbsp (Chopped)
Tomato:- 1 medium (chopped)
Salt as per taste
Turmeric:- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder:- 1 tsp
Garam masla:- 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi powder:-1 tsp
Water - 2 Cups or as per requirement
1) Take water in small bowl & heat in microwave for 1 minute.
2) Soak the Nutrela in the hot water for 5-7 minutes.
3) Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin & mustard seeds, Allow it to splutter.
4) Add ginger & garlic and fry for 1 minute.
5) Add onions and saute until golden brown in color.
6) Add tomatoes , turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala & salt , mix well..
7) Cook until tomatoes are tender.
8) Squeeze out the water from soaked nutrela by pressing it between your hands very lightly.
10) Add nutrela, peas & kasoori methi in the tomato mixture and mix well.
11) Add enough water just to cover the Nutrela.
12) Close the lid of the cooker and let it cook on high for about 5 minutes ( or when you start hearing the sound of the steam , switch off the gas ).
13) Switch off the gas, let it sit for 5 more minutes in closed pressure cooker.
Serve hot with rice or roti.