Looking for something warm, sweet, and satisfying to end your meal? "Instant" bread pudding goes from inspiration to "Ahhh..." in just 5 minutes.This is great way to use leftover bread too.For berry bread pudding, omit the chips or dried fruit; and layer the bread cubes with fresh berries before microwaving.
Makes one large or two smaller servings.
Cubed bread; fresh, or just slightly stale:- 1 Cup ( about 1 1/2 to 2 slices bread)
Large egg;- 1
Milk:- 1/3 Cup
Vanilla extract, optional;-1/4 Tsp
Sugar:- 2 to 3 Tbsp
Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried fruit, cinnamon, or the garnish of your choice:- 1 to 2 Tbsp
1) Put the bread in a fairly shallow, single-serving, microwave-safe bowl.
2) Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Pour over the bread in the bowl, stirring gently to combine.
3) Stir in chips or dried fruit. And/or sprinkle with cinnamon, cinnamon-sugar, or nutmeg.
4) Microwave for 1 minute, uncovered. Check and see if it's still liquid. If it is, microwave in 30-second bursts, till pudding is cooked all the way to the center; the very center can still look a bit uncooked, but it shouldn't be liquid.
5) Remove from the microwave. If desired, drizzle with maple syrup or melted caramel or fudge sauce or... Serve warm; whipped cream or ice cream are always welcome.