Aloo beans is a simple stir fry/sabzi made with chopped beans and potatoes, cooked in spices and flavored with chickpea flour.
Oil:- 3-4 tbsp
Potato:- 1 big or 2 small (Cut into small pieces)
Beans:- 2 cup (chopped)
Cumin seeds:- 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1 Tsp
Garlic:- 1 Tbsp(finely chopped)
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
Onion:- 1 (medium size, chopped)
Turmeric powder:- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli powder:-1 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1 tsp
Besan/Gram Flour/Chickpea Flour:- 1/8 Cup
1) Heat oil in a kadai/non stick frying pan on a medium heat.
2) Add cumin and mustard seeds, when it starts to crackle add garlic and ginger, saute for a minute.
3) Add onion and fry until they are translucent ( it will take about 2-3 minutes)
4) Add all the spices (salt,turmeric,red chilli powder & garam masala powder) & beans, mix everything well.
5) Let it cook covered for about 3-4 minutes (keep stirring in between to avoid sticking on bottom).
6) Add potatoes & besan/gram flour, cook uncovered until beans and potatoes are well cooked ..do the taste test to check:)
Serve hot with roti/chapati/paratha..Enjoy:)