Red bell pepper not only gives beautiful color to the gravy but it also gives a little sweet taste, that's why my 5 year old daughter loves it. You can replace milk with water if you don't want rich gravy.
For Variation, you can add mixed vegetable or boiled eggs or tofu instead of paneer. For more delicious paneer recipes please click here
Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese:- 300 gm
Oil:- 2 tbsp
Unsalted Butter:- 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic:- 1 tbsp (chopped)
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Onion:- 1 (chopped)
Red Bell Pepper:- 1 medium size(chopped)
Chopped tomatoes :- 2 small
Tomato ketch:- 2 tbsp
1 cup of Milk (approx)
Methi powder:- 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Spices( Plz adjust as per your taste)
Red chilli powder:- 1/2 tsp
Ginger powder:- A pinch
Coriander powder:- 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric:- 1 tsp
Cumin Powder:- 1/2 tsp
Sugar:- 1/2 tsp
1) Heat a frying pan with oil & butter, add garlic, fry for a minute and then add ginger.
2) Add onions and red bell pepper, cover & cook the onions until they are transparent.
3) Add tomatoes to the above onion mixture, cook until they are tender.
3) Now remove from the heat and puree all the mixture fine paste
4) Return it to the pan and continue to gently fry until golden.
5) Meanwhile mix all the spices thoroughly in 1/4 cup of milk.
6) Add the spice mixture into the puree & cook for 2-3 minutes
7) Now add the remaining milk(add more or less milk to adjust the thickness of the gravy) ,salt & mix well
8) Stop stirring, allow the sauce to thicken for 3-4 minute on low heat, then stir & simmer for 10-15 minutes.
9) Add paneer, Methi powder & tomato ketchup..let it simmer for 2 minutes
Serve hot with rotis or rice...Enjoy:)