Making anything in pressure cooker is super easy & super fast. It is real time saver when you are short on time want to make something quick. I learned this version of matar paneer from my mom when she visited me last year. Moms are great and its really surprising no matter how much time you spend with them but they always have something new to teach you.
Oil:- 2-3 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Onion:- 1 (small, chopped)
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Garlic:- 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Tomato:- 1 (big, chopped)
Peas/Matar:- 1 Cup
Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese:- 1 Cup (cut into small pieces)
Water as needed
Salt as per taste
Turmeric:- 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
Garam Masala:- 1 Tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder:- 1 Tsp
1) Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin & mustard seeds , let it splutter.
2) Add ginger and garlic , fry till light brown.
3) Add onion & fry until light brown
4) Add tomatoes and all the spices( except kasoori methi powder) , mix everything well, cook until tomatoes are tender.
5) Add the paneer and peas and cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
6) Add water and close the pressure cooker , cook on high for about 4-5 minutes ( i usually switch off the gas just before it starts to whistle).
7) Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with Rotis/chapatis..
Enjoy:) Sending it to the ONLY LEGUMES EVENT hosted by NALINIS KITCHEN.