This recipe makes a perfect pizza crust. The dough may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, wrapped in plastic wrap and chilled until ready to use.
Source:- The Easy Way To Artisan Breads & Pastries
Prep Time:- 30 minutes
Resting Time:- 1 Hour
Rising Time:- 10 minutes
Baking Time:- 10 minutes
Makes 2 Pizzas(each 4 slices)or
4 individual pizzas
- Bread Flour:- 3 Cups
- Cold Milk:- 1/2 Cup
- Water:- 1/2 Cup
- Sugar:- 2 Tbsp
- Dry Yeast:- 2 Tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil:- 1 Tbsp
- Salt:- 2 Tsp
1)In the bowl of a standing electric mixer with the dough hook attached, mix the flour , milk, water, sugar, yeast and olive oil for 5 minutes at low speed. With the machine running add the salt, switch to medium speed and knead the dough an additional 10 minutes.
2) Place the dough in a large floured bowl and cover with plastic wrap.Let rest for 1 hour.
3)Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and flatten it out with the palm of the hand to remove air pockets.Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces(for family sized pizzas) or into 4 pieces (for individual pizzas). Let rise, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5) Roll each piece into a ball on the floured work surface. (At this point the balls may be wrapped in plastic wrap and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.)Using a floured rolling pin , roll the balls of dough into 1/8 inch thick circles.
6) Place a round or square pizza stone in the bottom of the oven and preheat to 500 degree F.
7) Put all the toppings , sauce and cheese as per your liking and bake for 10 minutes , or until lightly browned and bubbly.