Methi Poori is famous gujrati snack .It is spiced puffed bread which is great for school lunches or breakfast. You can serve it with different curries/sabzi or can be enjoyed with plain curd/achaar/chutney.
More Poori Recipes:-
Kele Ki Poori/ Indian Banana Bread
Palak/Spinach Poori - A Healthy Snack For Kids
Khus Khus Poori ( Fried Poppy Seed Bread)
- Whole Wheat Flour:- 2 Cups
- Besan/Chickpea flour:- 1 Cup
- Methi/Fenugreek Leaves:- 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Ajwain/Carom seeds:- 1 Tsp
- Til/sesame seeds:- 1 Tsp
- Green Chilli (very finely chopped):- 2
- Water as per requirement.
1) Chop the methi leaves slightly and set it aside.
2) Mix everything in a bowl except water, add water little by little to make a stiff dough ( dough should not be very soft)
3)Cover the dough with a damp cloth or paper towel and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
4)Heat a oil in a deep frying pan ( kadai) on high heat.
5)Now make a lime size ball from the dough and roll each into a small circles with rolling pin .
6) Deep fry poori's in hot oil for a minute, turn side & fry until puffed and golden in color