Theplas are parathas made with curd and spices.This delicious and healthy theplas are great for picnics or travel as they are soft and can last for few days.Add methi leaves instead of mooli to make methi theplas.
- Whole Wheat Flour:- 3 Cups
- Mooli/White Raddish:- 1 1/2 Cup
- Curd/yogurt:- 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Ajwain/ carom seeds:- 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves:- 2 Tbsp
- Red Chilli powder:- 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder:- 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder:- 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder:- 1 Tsp
- Water as needed
1) Sieve the flour in a bowl and mix in all the ingredients.(except water).
2) Mix water bit by bit to make a dough and let it rest for 3-4 minutes
3) Now make a small lemon size ball from the dough and roll like chapati.
4) Now heat the tava and roast the chapati on both sides with oil
Serve hot with pickle or curd..Enjoy:) For step by step pictures please refer to this post..