Nothing is better than homemade sauce..Its so easy to prepare and i bet taste much better than store bought ones and with no preservatives at all..So next time when you are preparing pasta for your loved ones try this homemade sauce and enjoy a healthy and good meal..
This sauce can be used for pizzas, lasagna, pasta, crepes etc
I didn't add any veggies in this but you can add whatever veggies you like to make it more flavorful and healthy..If adding veggies then chop everything and saute them lightly in the oil so that they are litle bit cooked but crunch is still there..then add homemade tomato sauce the pasta and mix everything well..Saute for 3-4 minutes and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and serve hot.
Pasta:- 2 1/2 cups
Oil:- 4 1/2 tbsp
Onion(Medium) :- 1/2 (chopped)
Garlic:- 5 cloves ( chopped)
Diced Tomatoes :- 14.5 oz can
salt as per taste
Black pepper powder:- 1 tsp
Garlic Powder:- 1tsp
Italian Seasoning:- 2tsp
Parmesan Cheese to Garnish
1) Cook the Pasta as per direction and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan, add garlic saute for 1 minute
3) Add onion and saute till they are translucent.
4) Add tomatoes and all the seasoning and mix everything well.
5) Cook till all the water is evaporated from the tomatoes
6) Turn off the gas and let it cool.
7) Grind the mixture in food processor and return it into the same pan.
8) Mix the pasta with the sauce and saute for about 2-3 minutes
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top before serving, Serve hot or at room temperature..Enjoy:)
Posted by Preety at 2:12 PM