Capsicum is a versatile vegetable. Available in three beautiful colors red, green & yellow and also known as chili pepper, bell pepper and red or green pepper. For information on health benefits click here
This is my mom's recipe..
Oil:- 2-3 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin :- 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1 tsp
Ginger(Finely Chopped):- 1tbsp
Garlic(Finely Chopped):- 1tbsp
Rustic Potato:- 1
Onion:- 1 (Cut lengthwise)
Tomato:- 1 1/2 (Chopped)
Green Capsicum:- 2
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder:- 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder:-1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1tsp
1) Heat oil in a pan, add potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes
2) Add cumin & mustard seeds..let it splutter.
3)Add ginger & garlic and saute for 2 minutes
4)Add onion and cook till they are translucent.
5) Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder & garam masala , mix everything well.
6) Cook the tomato mixture for about 2-3 minutes
7) Add capsicum and cook until it is soft..
Serve hot with roti/chapati..Enjoy:)
Posted by Preety at 12:41 PM