This recipe comes from my best friend Swati..
I love trying parathas with different stuffing..I use to make only mooli, aloo & gobhi parathas before, but now i know of so many variations and i love to make all of them ..Peas parathas are good option for kids too..
I like to make stuffing and fill it in the center of paratha but if you are not comfortable in doing that you can always make the paste of stuffing in the blender and blend it in the flour before making the dough..i am sure it will tastes delicious anyway you make it..
To make the dough:-
Wheat flour:- 3 cups
Water as per requirement
To make stuffing:-
Peas(i used frozen):- 2 cups (Mashed)
Besan:- 2 tbsp
Oil:- 1 tbsp
Garlic:- 2-3 cloves( Finely chopped)
Ginger:- 1 tbsp( Finely chopped)
Onion:- 1/4 cup ( Finely chopped)
Red chilli powder:-1tsp or Green Chillies as per your taste
Ajwain:- 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1tsp
Aamchoor powder:- 1tsp
Salt as per taste
How to make dough:-
1)Take the whole wheat flour in a bowl and add water little by little to make a dough.
2)Let it rest for 10-15 minutes
How to make stuffing:-
1) Dry roast the besan until light brown..keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in the same pan, add garlic , ginger and saute for 30 seconds
3) Add onions, peas, besan and all the spices and mix everything well.
4)Cook this mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
5) Transfer the mixture in other bowl and let it cool down completely before stuffing in parathas.
To make Paratha( Please refer to pictures)
1)Make a small ball from the dough.
2)Roll it in small circle.
3)Take some peas stuffing and place in the middle of the circle.
4) Wrap the dough around the filling ball and close
5) Dust some flour on the counter top and then lightly flatten it by your hand
6) Roll it with the rolling pin to make a round paratha.
7) Roast the paratha on hot tawa/pan brushing some oil on both sides..
Posted by Preety at 4:28 PM