Mooli is also known as white Raddish or Diakon .It has very sharp & tangy flavor. It contains Vitamin C , Potassium & calcium. You can eat it raw( salad )or cooked..My most favorite way of eating the mooli is in Mooli paratha..
This is my entry for FIC-WHITE hosting by Kitchenflavours..
Mooli(grated):- 2 cups
Oil:- 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves:- 2-3
Ajwain(Carom seeds):- 1/4 tsp
Onion(chopped finely):- 3/8 cup
Ginger(Chopped finely):- 1 tbsp
Green Chilli:- 1
Peanut:- 2 tbsp
Lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
Red chilli powder:- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Cilantro or coriander for garnish
Grate the mooli & squeeze out all the juice by pressing it between your hands & set it aside..
1) Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, mustard, curry leaves & ajwain...Allow it to splutter.
2) Add ginger & green chilli and fry for a minute
3) Add onion and saute till they become translucent.
4) Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala & mix well.
5) Add mooli & saute till its cooked( It take 4-5 minutes)
6) Mix lemon juice & peanuts in the bhurji.
Serve hot with any paratha & curd..Enjoy:)
If you like the recipe plz leave your comments..