Pasta is originally an Italian dish which is now adapted by every cuisine around the world. Pasta comes in many shapes and sizes. Whole wheat pasta is a good source of fiber. More pasta information can be found here
I had given up on Pasta as some bland dish until we got invited to a dinner party. My friend (Renuka) served pasta in dinner. I reluctantly took first bite and I was speechless with what I experienced. It tasted so good compared to what I had at Italian restaurants. So I decided to take a fresh look at Pasta. Now I and my husband both love to eat the Indian style home cooked pasta and always want to get the last bite. We look forward to eating Pasta as it is relatively easier to make, requires less preparation and cooking time. I don't use any kind of pasta sauce in my cooking but if you like you may want to use pasta sauce to enhance flavor and make it richer. Here is my version of Pasta with Indian twist.
Pasta:- 2 cups
Cumin seeds/Jeera:- 1/2 tsp
Oil:- 3 tbsp
Ginger(Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Garlic (Finely chopped):- 1 tbsp
Onion(Cut lengthwise):- 1/2
Ajwain:- 1/2 tsp
Tomato (chopped):- 1
Green Chilli:- 1-2
Carrot:- 1 (1/2 cup approx)
Broccoli:- 1/2 floret
Capsicum:- 1/2 cup
Zucchini:- 1/3 cup
Black pepper powder:- 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Garam Masala:- 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce:- 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup:- 1 1/2 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese:- 1/8 cup
Italian Seasoning:- 1 tsp
1) Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the box..
2) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat..add cumin seeds & ajwain, when it starts spluttering add ginger & garlic and fry for a minute.
3) Add onion, green chillies, & carrot , saute for 2-3 minutes
4) Add broccoli , zucchini, capsicum & tomato & saute until little tender.
5) Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala, soy sauce, Italian seasoning & mix well..
6) Put the boiled pasta and mix everything.
7) Add tomato ketchup, Parmesan cheese and mix well..
If you like the recipe please leave your comments..