Dalia is also called Broken Wheat or Cracked Wheat.Its high in fiber & is very nutritional & healthy morning breakfast .You can make it sweet or spicy/savory according to your taste..This is my mom's version of sweet dalia..
Dalia:- 1 cup
Ghee:- 2 tbsp
Almonds(chopped):- 1/8 cup
Raisins:- 1/4 cup
Water :- 3 cups
Sugar:- 1/2 cup
1) Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker on a medium heat
2) Fry almonds & raisins until brown
3) Add Dalia and cook until golden brown , stirring continuously.
4) Now add water & sugar and close the lid of the cooker.
5) Let it cook on high for 4-5 minutes.
6) Switch off the gas and let it sit for at least 5 more minutes..
Serve hot or at room temperature..Enjoy:)
If you like the recipe please leave your comments.