Yes, it's true, you can make perfectly good pancakes without eggs or even milk! This vegan pancake recipe uses soy milk as a substitute and the result is perfect light and fluffy pancakes.
Tip: Maple syrup is not friendly on the hips, so pour a couple of tablespoons on your plate as a "dip" instead of pouring a half of a cup over your pancakes. You will be surprised by how much less syrup you consumed.
Recipe Source:- eatingsmartwithtracy
Preparation Time:- 10-15 minutes
Cook Time:- 7-8 minutes
Makes :- 6-8 pancakes. Two pancakes is 1 serving (196 cal.)
Soymilk:- 3/4 Cup
Apple cider vinegar:- 2 Tsp
Organic pure maple syrup (plus more for dip):- 1 Tbsp
Oil:- 2 Tsp
Steel cut oats (I used original Quaker oats):- 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour :- 1/2 Cup
Baking soda:- 1 Tsp
Baking powder:- 1 Tsp
Salt:- 1/4 Tsp
1) Combine soymilk, vinegar, maple syrup, and oil in a small bowl.
2) Add oats and let soak 10 minutes.
3) Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
4) Stir soymilk mixture into flour mixture. ( i added 1/4 cup extra soy milk at this point as the batter became very thick)
5) Preheat large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil.
6) Ladle 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
More VEGAN RECIPES