If your kids refuses to eat bottle gourd/ lauki ( like mine), then serve these parathas for their next breakfast and i promise they will never know what they ate in those delicious paratha..
Indian Bottle Gourd Bread / Lauki Ka Paratha / Vegan
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15-20 minutes
Whole Wheat Flour:- 1 1/2 Cups
Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour / Besan:- 1/2 Cup
Bottle gourd/ Lauki:- 1/2 lb , grated
Carom seeds/ Ajwain:- 1/2 Tsp
Cilantro leaves:- 2 Tbsp, chopped
Red Chilli powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder / Haldi:- 1/4 Tsp
Oil for cooking
1) Sieve the whole wheat flour and gram flour with salt.
2) Add grated bottle gourd, carom seeds, cilantro leaves, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
3) Knead to make a dough, add water if needed. Keep aside covered for 5 minutes.
4) Divide the dough into balls. Dust and roll each ball slightly with a rolling pin, apply 1/4 tsp oil and fold into a triangle.(or any shape you like)
5) Dust and roll again to a 4" triangle.
6) Shallow-dry each paratha on a heated griddle/tawa with 1 tbasp of oil until light golden brown.
Serve hot with pickle ...Enjoy:)
Notes:- If you have any leftover dough then just wrap it in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for upto 2 days
More VEGAN RECIPES