Oats & Lentil Vegan Pancake
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes
Makes:- 6-7 pancakes
Recipe Source:- Preety's Kitchen
Oats:- 1/2 Cup
Bengal Gram Lentil/Channa Dal:- 1/2 Cup
Water:- 1/4 + 1/2 Cup
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp, chopped
Garlic:- 2 cloves, chopped
Turmeric:- 1/2 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Carrots,shredded:- 1/4 cup
Onion:- 1/4 cup, chopped finely
1) Wash the channa dal/bengal gram lentil well with water and then soak for 15-30 minutes.
2)Grind oats in the coffee grinder to make a fine powder and keep it aside.
3)After soaking time is over, grind together lentil/dal, ginger, garlic and 1/4 cup of water into a smooth paste.
4) Transfer it into a bowl. Add powdered oats, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder & garam masala powder, mix well.
5) Add 1/2 Cup of water to make a thin batter for pancake, add carrots and onions, mix well.
6) Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat & grease it lightly with oil .
7) Spread 1/4 cup batter on the non-stick pan to make a pancake.
8) Cook one side over a slow flame until the base is golden brown in color. Turn over to cook the other side.
9) Remove the pancake and repeat with the remaining batter to make more pancakes.
Serve hot with any nutritious chutney, pickle ,ketchup or enjoy as it is.
More VEGAN RECIPES